ECOMETRIC IS HIRING.
- Sr. Energy Efficiency Engineer | Greater Philadelphia, PA and Denver, CO
Please send your resume, application form (download below) and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
SR. ENERGY EFFICIENCY ENGINEER | Greater Philadelphia, PA area & Denver, CO
EcoMetric Consulting is looking for an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join our team in Malvern, PA. We provide energy efficiency program planning and evaluation services for utilities, public agencies, and other program sponsors. We offer a casual, friendly working environment, and we are dedicated to the quality of our work and our client relationships. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and vacation. Join our dynamic team and rapidly-growing business!
The ideal candidate for this position will have 5+ years of energy efficiency engineering experience. Individuals with directly-applicable DSM experience, especially those who have worked for an Energy Service Company and have experience conducting on-site M&V activities, will be given priority and are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting on-site inspections & end use metering activities at residential, commercial and institutional facilities
- Calculating and verifying savings for energy conservation measures using engineering and statistical techniques
- Calculating energy savings with TRM algorithms, temperature bin analysis, lighting calculators, eQUEST modeling and other tools
- Utilizing and applying statistical, economic and financial analysis tools in support of business and policy analysis for demand-side management in the energy and utilities industry
- Developing quantitative cost-benefit or risk models
- Analyzing utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results
- Working independently or with supervision to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Presenting findings and recommendations at client meetings
- Documenting findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams
- Publishing papers and other research material
- Supporting senior staff with development of presentations, papers and proposals
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering or related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience working with Demand Side Management (DSM) Consultancies, Energy Service Companies (ESCO), Design Build firms, or Engineering firms (exceptional candidates with less experience may be considered)
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and client interface capabilities
- Experience with building energy models, energy use billing analysis, energy savings calculation algorithms, and installing building energy use metering equipment
- Energy Auditing experience is a plus
- Experience/expertise with data analytics/statistical packages; SAS, SPSS, Stata, Excel, or other software is a plus